top of page


There are organic pieces to family law - such as spousal maintenance, child support, custody, and parenting time. You can request that the judge review these issues and change them.  This is called a "modification" and is done through a motion to the court.  Often times mediation is required before going back to court.  Having an attorney represent you at mediation for this initial ask, or defend against the initial ask, can make a big difference.  It can also save you a lot of future headache and money to get it resolved early. 


Modifications will require a showing that there has been a change of circumstances.  During the initial consultation, we will walk through the changes since the last order and decide together if now is the time to return to court.  

© 2024 Meyer Family Law, PLLC.

11670 Fountains Dr. Suite 200, Maple Grove, MN 55369

Phone: 612.440.3811

bottom of page